Wednesday, December 16, 2009

forward momentum

We're all waiting for the same thing, the same moment, the same emotional epiphany that's not coming. Moving somewhere new, meeting new people, changing lifestyles. It all does nothing. If you have a void you need to fill it yourself before your life will feel complete again. Heal yourself, stop waiting for someone else to do it.
You aren't going to be the same person. You're not fixing yourself to become the old you. Please relish in the fact that you are no longer who you once were. Isn't that the purpose of life? Keep the parts of you that you love, grow in them. Let the pain that consumes you make you stronger and smarter. Don't hide from what hurt you but confront it head on and absorb all you can from it.
So I'm begging you, break my heart. Tear me apart and show me where I'm weak. I want to feel everything. I'm still broken and I wouldn't have it any other way. When I do love again it will only be greater because of the pain we caused each other. Stop blaming and start thanking.
Because really, what's the point in being mad anymore? We are all exactly what we are supposed to be and while these petty experiences will change how we feel they will never change the underlying person. I'm not changing, and neither are you. We can stop trying now.

No comments:

Post a Comment