Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Rejection Letter Trumps Yours

I thought all my fellow jobseekers out there would enjoy this humorous example of a rejection letter that I stumbled across .......

A DIFFERENT KIND OF “EMPLOYMENT REJECTION” LETTER (Something To Lighten Up Your Job Search!!!)

999 Likely Lane LUCKSVILLE WA 6060

20 October 2009

Professor Reid Iculus Department of Opportunity University of Absolute Nonsense 123 Jobsearch Junction PERTH WA 6000

RE: Assistant Professor

Dear Professor Iculus

Thank you for your letter dated 12 October 2009.

After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me an assistant professor position in your department.

This year, I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite the University Of Nonsense’s outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore, I will assume the position of assistant professor in your department in November.

I look forward to seeing you then.

I wish you luck in rejecting future applicants.

Yours sincerely

A Jobseeker

No comments:

Post a Comment